| Iranian cineastes’ presence is vital for Cairo filmfest: CIFF president |
|
|
|
|
“We will certainly screen films by Iranian directors, even if they will not be able to attend the event,” Amir Al Omari told the Persian service of FNA in an Internet interview on Saturday.
Egypt refused to issue visas to a number of Iranian cineastes to attend the 35th CIFF in 2012.
“The Private Life of Mr. & Mrs.”, a drama directed by Ruhollah Hejazi on a marital discord, and “Flight of the Kites”, directed by Ali Qavitan about a teacher and his pupils in a remote region, were the Iranian entries to the festival last year. However the filmmakers missed the festival over Egypt’s refusal to issue visas to them.
Al Omari, a film critic who has recently been appointed to the CIFF, said that he plans to invite Iranian filmmakers to the festival. However, he added that issuance of visas to the filmmakers will depend on the climate of political relations between Iran and Egypt during the upcoming months.
MMS/YAW
END
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader |
|||



















