|Producer planning for drama on Iran hostage crisis||
“At present, there some people who can talk about their memories of the event and also there are some documents about it but we may lose these sources if we delay,” Jamal Sadatian told the Persian service of MNA on Friday.
He said that a team has begun research on the subject to write the screenplay for the project, which is still untitled. It takes one year for the team to write the script, he added.
“I believe that the private sector should finance this project,” Sadatian stated. However, he added that he needs help from some public organizations to accomplish the project.
He denied that the project is supposed to be a response to Ben Affleck’s Iran hostage drama “Argo”, which was officially viewed as an “anti-Iranian” film after it premiered in the U.S. in October 2012.
“I am not seeking to respond to any other film,” Sadatian said and added that his project is “completely independent”.
The premiere of “Argo” stirred cries of outrage from Iranian executives.
Iran’s Art Bureau announced in January 2013 announced that it plans to produce a movie entitled “The General Staff” in response to “Argo”.
Screenwriter Farhad Tohidi previously announced his plan to write “The Broken Paw”, a TV series about the seizure of the U.S. embassy in Tehran.
In addition, former officials of the Iran Cinema Organization (ICO) hired renowned French lawyer Isabelle Coutant-Peyre in March to file a lawsuit against the producer and director of “Argo”, which they claimed promotes Iranophobia.
However, the new director of the ICO said on September 12 that there is no contract between his organization and Coutant-Peyre and that the organization would never pursue a lawsuit.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader