-

 
logo
                                        Volume. 11907
Iran says kidnapped diplomat in Yemen not killed
Print E-mail
Font Size Larger Font Smaller Font
c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_edim_81001112-5433283(1).jpgTEHRAN – An official at the Iranian Foreign Ministry has said that the body that was found beheaded in central Yemen on Saturday does not belong to the Iranian diplomat who was kidnapped in Sanaa in July.   
 
He said that Yemeni officials have announced that the process of identifying the body is underway.
 
He also said that the Iranian diplomat is in good health, adding that the Foreign Ministry is vigorously pursuing the matter. 
  
The Iranian diplomat, Nour-Ahmad Nikbakht, was travelling through the diplomatic quarter in southern Sanaa when gunmen blocked the road, forced him to get out of his vehicle and took him to an unknown location.
 
Some media outlets reported on Saturday that the kidnapped diplomat had been found beheaded in central Yemen. 
 
Reuters quoted an official of the local administration as saying that the body was found in an area of oil fields known as Safer in Maarib province. 
 
Last week, an Iranian diplomat was fatally injured when he resisted gunmen who tried to kidnap him while he was travelling in a car near the ambassador’s residence in Sanaa.    
 
AM/PA

rssfeed socializeit
Socialize this
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader
Twitter Facebook Myspace Stumbleupon Digg Technorati aol blogger google reddit