-

 
logo
                                        Volume. 11752

Over 1.18m low-cost Mehr houses handed to Iranian families
PDF Print E-mail
Font Size Larger Font Smaller Font
c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_edim_58863_740.jpgTEHRAN - The administration of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has handed over 1.18 million low-cost houses to applicants under the Mehr Housing Project, the transport and urban development minister announced on Friday.
 
Of 2.18 million Mehr houses under construction, 1.18 million have been completed and handed over to applicants, Ali Nikzad said.
 
He said the other one million residential units will be completed by the end of the current Iranian calendar year (March 20, 2014).
 
According to the final results of the 2006 National Population and Housing Census of Iran, there were 17.3 million families in Iran, while the number of houses was 15.7 million, Nikzad added.
 
Based on the 2011 census, 21.2 million families lived in the country, while 21.6 million houses had been constructed, he further said.
 
He also said during the past eight years, 2.12 million rural houses have been renovated to withstand earthquake.
 
The administration has been carrying out the Mehr Housing Project in different parts of the country to build millions of residential units and stabilize housing prices.
 
Under this scheme, real estate developers are offered free lands in return for building cheap residential units for first-time buyers on 99-year lease contracts.
 

rssfeed socializeit
Socialize this
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader
Twitter Facebook Myspace Stumbleupon Digg Technorati aol blogger google reddit