|Iran is ready to exchange natural gas with Armenian rubber||
YEREVAN (Armenpress) — Islamic Republic of Iran is ready to exchange its natural gas with rubber produced in “Nairit” chemical factory.
About this mentioned chairman of the Union of Domestic Commodity Producers Vazgen Safaryan during press conference on September 12. “I had a conversation with Iranian ambassador and they are ready to receive rubber from “Nairit” in exchange with natural gas. He added that the price for 1 tone of rubber is 6000 USD. He considered impermissible inaction of the enterprise which produces such valuable product.
Reminding that with such a scheme from Iran is imported gas to Armenia and exported electricity to that country he mentioned that if “Nairit” in past was able to pridcue annually 15000 – 20000 tones of chloroprene rubber on acetylenic basis than now will be able to produce 30000 – 35000 tones. In Safaryan’s words 10000 tones can be provided to Iran and the rest exported to other countries. Besides, export of rubber to Iran can be one of elements securing profitability of Iran-Armenia railway.
Nairit Plant CJSC is one of the leading chemical interprises in Republic of Armenia that specializes in chloroprene rubbers and latexes production.
Since 1940 the enterprise has been producing chloroprene rubber under Nairit trade - name and at present it is well-known on the world market.
Along with polychloroprene production the company has capacities for the production of various chemical products: carboxylic acids, caustic soda, sodium hypochlorite, carbinol syrup, lacquer- ethynol etc.
Due to the variety of produced polychlroprene grades Nairit CJSC is the partner of different enterprises in industrial rubber goods, cable ,light and other industries in many countries over the world.
In 2005 Nairit Plant manufactured 7,676 tons of rubber and 6,000 tons of caustic sodium.
In 2006 Rhinoville Property Limited international company bought 90 percent of share capital of the plant: The rest 10 percent belongs to Armenian government.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader