-

 
logo
                                        Volume. 11717

Two rockets hit Beirut
PDF Print E-mail
Font Size Larger Font Smaller Font
c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_edim_01_two.jpgTwo rockets hit Beirut in the southern district of Zahyieh on Sunday.
 
Several people were injured in the incident, and some vehicles and homes were also damaged, according to Lebanese security sources. 
 
The security sources said 107-mm rockets were used in the attack. 
 
There has been no claim of responsibility for the rocket attack so far. 
 
Lebanon’s caretaker Interior Minister Marwan Charbel, who visited at the site of the rocket attack, said it was an “act of sabotage.” 
 
“The rockets were fired from a secluded area, southeast of the scene of the incident,” he stated. 
 
“I believe this was an act of sabotage,” Charbel added, when asked about the motive for the attack. “I hope what is happening in Syria will not happen in Lebanon.” 
 
The rocket incident in Beirut comes amid recent clashes between supporters and opponents of the Syrian government in Lebanon’s northern city of Tripoli, which have led to the death of more than two dozen people. 
 
(Source: Press TV)

rssfeed socializeit
Socialize this
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader
Twitter Facebook Myspace Stumbleupon Digg Technorati aol blogger google reddit