Forces to Be Recruited to Safeguard Possessions at Customs
July 5, 1999 - 0:0
TEHRAN The permit was issued in collaboration with the Headquarters of the Armed Forces to recruit a 700-strong force to preserve travelers' baggage at customs, said the Director General of Islamic Republic of Iran Customs, Mehdi Karbasian. "Another force of 200 to boost its security guard," added Karbasian, addressing a press conference. On the one-day clearance plan of goods from the country's customs offices, Karbasian told the TEHRAN TIMES that the plan was already being carried out.
He said the highest amount of exports were from Bandar Abbas, Bandar Imam, and the Western Customs. He said during the first three months of current Iranian year, non-oil exports totaled $817 million, enjoying a 43 percent rise over last year. He said that the major non-oil goods on the Iranian export list included chemical goods, pistachios, hand-woven carpets, metal artifacts, etc.
He said the highest amount of exports were from Bandar Abbas, Bandar Imam, and the Western Customs. He said during the first three months of current Iranian year, non-oil exports totaled $817 million, enjoying a 43 percent rise over last year. He said that the major non-oil goods on the Iranian export list included chemical goods, pistachios, hand-woven carpets, metal artifacts, etc.