Tehran to pursue U.S. missile claims through UN

December 21, 2017

TEHRAN – Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Wednesday that Iran will file a formal complaint against the United States at the UN Security Council over the Yemen missile accusations, IRNA reported.

“We will follow up on the baseless accusations made by America in the United Nations Security Council in the coming meetings,” Zarif said after the trilateral meeting of the foreign ministers of Iran, Turkey and Azerbaijan in Baku.

He said the December 14 exhibition of a missile fragment in Washington, which the U.S. claimed had been made in Iran, was “provocative”, “purposeful” and “dangerous”. 

“They try to hide their support for the bombardment of the innocent Yemenis through such accusations,” Zarif noted.

MH/PA

Leave a Comment

5 + 9 =