|Decree appointing Mortazavi as Social Security Organization director revoked||
TEHRAN – The decree issued in mid-March 2012 in which former Tehran prosecutor general Saeed Mortazavi had been appointed as the director of the Social Security Organization has been revoked, an official at the Court of Administrative Justice said on Monday.
Speaking to the Persian service of the Mehr News Agency, Ali Akbar Bakhtiari said that the decision was made by the Court of Administrative Justice.
Mortazavi’s appointment had drawn strong criticism from a number of MPs who hold him partly responsible for the Kahrizak incident, in which three inmates lost their lives.
A number of lawmakers had even threatened to impeach Cooperatives, Labor, and Social Welfare Minister Abdolreza Sheikholeslami over the controversial appointment.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader