-

 
logo
                                        Volume. 11749

Iran says foreign hands are at work in Egypt
PDF Print E-mail
Font Size Larger Font Smaller Font
c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_edim_02_at1(13).jpgTEHRAN – An Iranian Foreign Ministry official has said that foreign hands are at work in Egypt, denouncing the violence and killings of innocent people in the Arab country. 
 
“The developments in Egypt are still ambiguous and its dimensions are not clear,” Abbas Araqchi, the Foreign Ministry spokesman, told the Mehr News Agency on Sunday.
 
On the one hand there are legitimate popular demands, which should be addressed through proper measures, and on the other hand there is the Egyptian army’s interference in political activities which is a matter of concern, Araqchi said.
 
Foreign hands are at work as well which have added to the ambiguity, he noted. 
 
“We hope that unity and solidarity would be maintained in the Egyptian society and calm and stability would be restored in Egypt’s political scene,” he said. “We do not approve of violence and conflict whatsoever and condemn the killing of innocent people at any form.”   
 
According to foreign media reports, about 53 people were killed in Cairo on Monday, when loyalists angered by the military overthrow of President Mohamed Morsi said they were fired on at the Cairo military barracks where he is being held.
 
Last Wednesday, Egypt’s military officers removed Morsi, suspended the Constitution and installed an interim government presided over by a senior jurist.
 
Iran pursues expulsion of its nationals from UAE 
 
Araqchi was also asked to comment on the fact that recently a number of Iranian nationals were expelled from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which he said the UAE and Iranian officials were holding talks on the issue, saying the UAE has introduced some changes to its foreign nationals living in the country.
 
Previously, Iranian Interior Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar, during his visit to the UAE, had censured the expulsion of the Iranian nationals, saying that such moves would not have good impacts on the relationship between the two countries. 
 
Araqchi also said an expression of willingness by U.S. to hold direct talks with Tehran is not enough, insisting that a breakthrough can happen only when the U.S. practically changes its approach.
 
MT/PA

rssfeed socializeit
Socialize this
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader
Twitter Facebook Myspace Stumbleupon Digg Technorati aol blogger google reddit