| Kazakhstan ready to again host Iran-5+1 talks |
|
|
|
|
|
Speaking at a press conference in Astana on Monday, Kazakh Deputy Foreign Minister Kairat Sarybai said that Kazakhstan intends to provide logistic services and if necessary it facilitates the negotiating process.
He added that Iran had positively reacted to the proposal to hold a new round of talks with the P5+1 group, namely Russia, China, France, Germany, Britain and the United States.
According to Itar-Tass, Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev had also expressed readiness to host the talks during a meeting with his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rohani in Tehran.
Nazarbayev had traveled to Iran in order to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Rohani in the parliament on August 4, which was held in the presence of dignitaries of more than 50 countries and high ranking Iranian officials.
Last month senior diplomats from the six countries negotiating with Tehran met in Brussels to map out plans for diplomacy following the election of a new president in Iran.
Negotiations have been on hold since a round of talks in April and the six nations are keen to get back to the table.
The six powers have demanded that Tehran abandon 20 percent uranium enrichment. Tehran says it needs atomic power for energy generation and medical research.
Other than a suspension of enrichment of uranium to 20 percent fissile purity, the six powers have asked Iran to ship out the existing stockpile of the material and close down a facility where such work is done.
MT/PA
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader |



















