|Iran says abducted diplomat in Yemen ‘not killed’||
TEHRAN – A Foreign Ministry official has dismissed reports that the Iranian diplomat abducted in Yemen has been killed, noting that Tehran will send a delegation to Sana’a to pursue his fate.
“According to the existing information, Mr. Nikbakht is in good health, and Tehran and Sana’a are actively cooperating to secure his release,” Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said on Monday.
He also called on relevant Yemeni officials to step up their efforts in this regard.
Last week, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held a telephone conversation with his Yemeni counterpart Abu-Bakr Al-Qirbi, voicing deep concern over the abducted diplomat’s fate and insisted that the Yemeni government is responsible for his safe return.
The Iranian diplomat, Nour-Ahmad Nikbakht, was travelling through the diplomatic quarter in southern Sana’a in July when unknown armed men blocked the road, forced him to get out of his vehicle and took him to an unknown location.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader