|Parliament speakers gather in Tehran in response to Gaza tragedy||
TEHRAN – An Iranian Foreign Ministry official says the prolonged process of securing the release of the Iranian diplomat abducted in Yemen is not acceptable.
Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian told the IRNA news agency on Monday that the Islamic Republic expects Yemeni officials to make efforts to immediately free Noor Ahmad Nikbakht, who was abducted last year in Sanaa.
Nikbakht was travelling through the diplomatic quarter in southern Sanaa last year when gunmen blocked the road, forced him to get out of his vehicle and took him to an unknown location.
Iranian officials had formerly dismissed rumors about the diplomat’s death, saying he is in good health.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader