|‘No evidence Iranian border guard has been killed’||
TEHRAN - An official in Iran’s Interior Ministry said on Saturday that the ministry has so far received no concrete evidence on the martyrdom of Iranian border guard Jamshid Danaeifar.”
The ministry has asked the provincial council of Sistan Balouchestan to submit any evidence it holds on the martyrdom of Danaeifar, the official said, according to IRNA.
Earlier on Saturday, Ali Asghar Mirshekari, the deputy police chief of the southeastern Sistan Balouchestan Province, announced Danaeifar, who had been kidnapped by the Jaish Al-Adl terrorist group early in 2014, has been killed, IRNA reported.
Jaish Al-Adl terrorists kidnapped five Iranian border guards in Jakigour region in Sistan and Baluchestan on February 6 and took them to the Pakistani territory. Two days later, the terrorist group released pictures of them, claiming responsibility for their disappearance. The terror cell later announced demands and conditions for the release of the border guards.
The Iranian intelligence, diplomatic, and security forces then embarked on missions to prepare the ground for the release of the border guards. Consequently, four of the border guards, namely Ramin Hazrati, Sadjad Zahati, Mohammad Nezami, and Jamshid Teimuri were released and joined their families, without the kidnappers achieving their demands. However, the fate of Jamshid Danaeifar had remained a mystery.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader
|Last Updated on 23 August 2014 17:20|