-

 
logo
                                        Volume. 11770
Gearing up classrooms in quake-stricken regions
PDF Print E-mail
Font Size Larger Font Smaller Font
c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_edim_12_tr.jpgTEHRAN – The head of the state organization for school renovation and development said on Thursday that the regions affected by earthquakes in 1392 (the Iranian calendar year which began on March 21), will have their schools ready by the first of Mehr (September 23), the beginning of the academic year, the Fars news agency reported. 
 
Morteza Raeisi said hopefully all the students in the quake-hit areas would return to their classes without any delay as that was the case last year in Eastern Azarbaijan Province.
 
In August 2012, two quakes measuring 6.4 and 6.3 on the magnitude scale devastated some villages in the cities of Ahar and Varzaqan in East Azarbaijan Province that killed more than 300 citizens and damaged buildings.
 
“(However), with the help of the school renovation organization students were sent back to school on time for the school year,” Raeisi explained.  
 
Bashagard, a county in the coastal province of Hormozgan, was struck by the 6.2 magnitude earthquake in May 2013.
 
Raeisi reassured the distressed residents of the Bashagard region that the newly renovated schools will be stronger than the older ones.

rssfeed socializeit
Socialize this
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader
Twitter Facebook Myspace Stumbleupon Digg Technorati aol blogger google reddit