|Gaza death toll exceeds 200||
More Israeli air and tank strikes hit Gaza on Wednesday, killing several people, medics said, bringing the death toll from Israel's assault on the besieged Palestinian territory to 208.
In the latest attack, witnesses told AFP a missile struck a car in the southern city of Khan Younis, with emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra confirming three people had been killed and another five wounded.
Before that, a strike on a house in the southern city of Rafah killed two men, Qudra told AFP, and a separate raid killed a young man.
Tuesday saw Israel's first fatality, when a man was killed in a rocket attack near the Erez border crossing.
Four Israelis have been seriously wounded by rocket fire, and Israel's air strikes have injured more than 1,500 Palestinians.
Further Rafah strikes left two men dead, Qudra said, while a raid on the home of Mohammed al-Arjani in the southern city of Khan Younis killed his son Abdullah, 19.
About an hour later, Israeli tank fire from outside Gaza hit the eastern part of Khan Younis, killing one person, Qudra said, later adding that another man was slain there, 33-year-old Mahmoud Abu Dakka.
Some of the first raids on Wednesday morning targeted homes of senior Hamas officials, including Mahmoud al-Zahar, but there were no reports of casualties.
Israel warns 100,000 Gazans to leave homes
The Israeli occupation army warned some 100,000 Palestinians in the eastern Gaza Strip to evacuate their homes, military sources said Wednesday.
Flyers dropped over the Zeitoun neighborhood southeast of Gaza City, and residents there and elsewhere also reported receiving recorded phone and text messages urging them to evacuate by 0500 GMT, AFP reported.
The flyers said that the army would be carrying out "aerial strikes against terror sites and operatives" in Zeitoun and Shujaiya, since "a high volume of rocket fire at Israel" was from there.
A similar message was sent to residents of Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza.
"The evacuation is for your own safety," the leaflet read, warning residents to not return to their homes until further notice.
Similar messages had been sent to Beit Lahiya with a Sunday deadline, causing the exodus of 17,000 people who took shelter in United Nations schools.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to stay in touch and receive all of TT updates right in your feed reader