Rate : 1272 #
Print Date :
Thursday, June 12, 2008
A colorful butterfly card made from construction paper. This card is great for birthdays, Mother's Day, or other occasions.
Markers or crayons
Optional: Glitter glue or glitter
1. Fold two pieces of construction paper in half, making two card shapes.
2. Put the two folded cards together (one inside the other). Along the fold of one of them, draw half a butterfly.
3. Keeping the two cards together, cut along the line you just drew. You will now have two butterflies.
4. On only one of the butterflies, fold it in half again and draw a smaller butterfly within it. Cut along the line you just drew.
5. Using the hole punch, make a series of holes along the edges of the two pieces you just cut.
6. Glue one of these pieces onto the larger, uncut butterfly. Flip the large butterfly over, and glue on the other cut piece.
7. Cut a black or brown body for your butterfly. Glue it onto the inside of your butterfly.
8. You now have a nice butterfly card. Write a message on your card. Optional: Decorate your butterfly with crayons, markers, glitter glue, or glitter.