SP platform 14A to be installed on Jan. 10

December 31, 2017 - 22:11

TEHRAN- Platform 14A of Iran’s South Pars gas field (in the Persian Gulf) is projected to be installed on its designated offshore spot on January 20-22, according to the operator of South Pars phase 14 development plan.

Hamidreza Masoudi said that by installing this platform, which is the main platform of phase 14, production of 500 million cubic feet (around 14.5 million cubic meters) of gas per day is planned to be started in this phase within one month after the installation, the Public Relations Department of Pars Oil and Gas Company (POGC), which is in charge of South Pars development, announced.

Platform 14A will be loaded at Bandar Abbas yard in south of the country on Tuesday.

Three months ago, POGC Managing Director Mohammad Meshkinfam said that development phases of South Pars gas field will be completed within one and half years.

He said: “85 percent of the phases are complete so far and implementation of the rest 15 percent will be finished by the next 1.5 years”, Shana news agency reported.

South Pars, which Iran shared with Qatar in the Persian Gulf, is estimated to contain a significant amount of natural gas, accounting for about eight percent of the world’s reserves, and approximately 18 billion barrels of condensate.

The field is divided into 24 standard phases of development in the first stage. Most of the phases are fully operational at the moment.

Completing development phases of South Pars is among the Oil Ministry’s priorities outlined by President Hassan Rouhani in a decree in mid-September, 2017.


Leave a Comment

2 + 16 =