Iran’s top generals warn of ‘devastating’ response to any threat
TEHRAN —Iran’s top military commanders have warned that the country is prepared to respond with “crushing, deterrent and devastating” force to any threat or miscalculation by its adversaries, as Tehran continues to emphasize the growing self-reliance of its defense industry.
Major General Ali Abdollahi, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, issued the warning in a message to Caretaker Defense Minister Brigadier General Majid Ebn al-Reza ahead of Iran’s Defense Industry Day on Aug. 22.
Abdollahi described Iran’s defense industry as a manifestation of the country’s indigenous military capabilities, saying its development had strengthened Tehran’s ability to deter threats despite 'unjust sanctions and hostile policies by major powers.'
He paid tribute to defense ministry specialists and personnel who, he said, had played a central role in developing Iran’s military capabilities, including those killed while working on the country’s defense programs.
The commander said the defense industry had become a critical component of Iran’s national power and a key pillar of its security and national standing.
According to Abdollahi, the Defense Ministry’s advances in recent years have extended beyond the production of military hardware, representing a 'deterrent defense industrial revolution.'
He said the transformation encompassed weapons design, technology management, defense economics, knowledge-based supply chains and a more integrated production system aimed at meeting the demands of modern warfare.
Abdollahi attributed Iran’s defense capabilities to a long-standing policy of self-reliance and scientific development, saying the country’s emphasis on domestic technological capacity had enabled it to develop a broad range of defensive and offensive capabilities.
He also linked Iran’s military advances to 'the country’s experience during successive conflicts,' saying the capabilities developed over decades had been demonstrated both in the region and beyond.
The top commander paid tribute to members of Iran’s defense industry who had been killed and said the armed forces maintained a comprehensive state of readiness across multiple domains, including land, maritime, air, air defense, space and cyberspace.
He warned that Iran would respond to any conventional or emerging threat, as well as a 'miscalculation' by its adversaries.
“Any miscalculation or threat will be met with revolutionary, crushing, regret-inducing and devastating responses,” Abdollahi said.
The remarks reflect Tehran’s continued emphasis on military preparedness and indigenous defense production as key elements of its deterrence strategy amid heightened tensions with the United States and Israel.
The caretaker defense minister, Brigadier General Majid Ebn al-Reza, in a separate message on the occasion of Iran’s Defense Industry Day on Friday, emphasized that Iran has never initiated aggression against any country and will not allow any military attack against it.
Ebn al-Reza stressed that the country’s defense capabilities are aimed at preventing war and aggression, rather than waging war, while reaffirming Tehran’s determination to defend its territory, independence and security.
“Iran’s defense power today is not for warmongering, but rather for preventing war and aggression. We have never been, and will never be, the initiators of aggression against any country,” the general stated.
“We are not people who engage in military aggression, but we will never allow military aggression against our territory, independence and security,” he underlined.
Leave a Comment