4.5m tons transited through Iran

December 17, 2009 - 0:0

TEHRAN -- In the first eight months of the Iranian calendar year (starting March 21) 4,557,000 tons of goods were transited through Iranian borders, which shows 13.3 percent increase in comparison to the previous year’s figure.

The transit of oil products in the mentioned period stands at 873,368 tons which is 66 percent more than the year before, IRNA reported.
Some 3,709,000 tons of the goods, which accounts for 81 percent of the total, were transited via roads and the other 19 percent via railroads.
Bandar Abbas, with 38 percent share of transit, was the busiest border point in the mentioned period.
Meanwhile, Sarakhs, Bazargan, Anzali port, and Lotfabad each with 17.5, 15.3, 5.7, and 4.9 percent are the second to fifth busiest border points, respectively.
Home appliances, construction materials, cargo and passenger vehicles, cotton and fuels are the main transited items via Iranian borders