Tehran denies rumors of Omani FM’s visit

August 1, 2018 - 20:47

TEHRAN – Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi on Tuesday dismissed media reports that Omani Foreign Minister Yusuf bin Alawi will visit Tehran on Friday.

In response to ISNA’s question, Qassemi said the report is false and does not have any real basis, Foreign Ministry website reported.

Reports surfaced on Tuesday that Oman is ready to mediate between Iran and the U.S. as Donald Trump called a day earlier for direct talks with his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani.

“No contact has been made so far through formal and diplomatic channels for making the required arrangements for such a trip,” Qassemi added.

He said since relations between Iran and Oman are friendly, visits of the officials from the two countries are carried out periodically at necessary times.

MH/PA

Leave a Comment

4 + 9 =