Tehran condemns yet another Israeli aggression against Lebanon

February 21, 2026 - 20:4

TEHRAN - Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman has categorically condemned recent Israeli attacks on Lebanon, namely the strikes on the Bekaa region and the Palestinian refugee camp of Ain al-Hilweh in Sidon, which left more than 40 Lebanese and Palestinians dead or wounded.

Esmail Baqaei held the guarantors of the Lebanese-Israeli ceasefire deal, i.e., the United States and France, directly responsible for the crimes committed by the Israeli regime.

Baqaei said the strikes are blatant violations of Lebanon’s national sovereignty and territorial integrity and the November 24 ceasefire agreement.

He underscored the need for immediate action by the United Nations and the UN Security Council to discharge their legal responsibilities to halt Tel Aviv’s acts of aggression.

Israeli attacks killed at least 12 people in eastern and southern Lebanon on Friday, in the latest breach of the 2024 ceasefire deal with the Lebanese resistance group, Hezbollah.

Lebanon’s official National News Agency (NNA) reported on Friday that air strikes on the Bekaa Valley in the east of the country killed at least six people and left more than 25 wounded, who were “distributed across the region’s hospitals”, according to NNA.

NNA later updated the preliminary death toll to “more than 10” with at least 30 wounded from the attack on a building in the town of Riyaq, located in the Bekaa governorate.

Israel’s army claimed it hit “Hezbollah command centers” in the Baalbek area of Bekaa. A Hezbollah source told the AFP news agency that a military leader from the resistance group was among the dead.

Earlier on Friday, Lebanon’s Ministry of Public Health said at least two people were killed in an Israeli attack on the Ain al-Hilweh camp, the country’s largest Palestinian refugee camp, which is located on the outskirts of the southern city of Sidon.

NNA also reported that an “Israeli drone” had targeted the Hittin neighborhood of the camp.

On November 27, 2024, Hezbollah and the Israeli regime announced a “cessation of hostilities” and pledged to implement UN Security Council Resolution 1701.

The resolution demands Hezbollah’s withdrawal from south of the Litani River and for Israeli forces to withdraw from Lebanese territory.

It also states that no armed presence other than the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) and the Lebanese army should remain south of the Litani River.

Israel violated the agreement shortly after it was announced. It occupied five strategic points inside Lebanese territory and has continued almost daily attacks since November 2024, breaching the truce hundreds of times.