Minister dismisses security problems on Laylat al-Qadr

June 27, 2016 - 13:15

TEHRAN - Iranian Interior Minister Abodolreza Rahmani Fazli said on Saturday that there had been no security problems on Laylat al-Qadr (Night of Decree) late on Friday.

Laylat al-Qadr is in Islamic belief the night when the first verses of the Quran were revealed to the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

“The police and security forces and the Interior Ministry control the situation during Qadr nights and has taken necessary measures,” Rahmani Fazli said.

He called on the people to contact police forces in case of witnessing any suspicious moves.

Iran’s Intelligence Ministry issued a statement on June 20 announcing that it had foiled one of the “biggest terrorist plots of Takfiri-Wahhabi groups” in Tehran and some other cities.

Iranian police forces killed five members of a terrorist group in another clash in southern city of Khash on June 13.

NA/PA

Leave a Comment

4 + 9 =